For media inquires, please email PR@McRoskey.com, or contact Kaytea Petro at 415.874.7532.
McRoskey Mattress Co. Fact Sheet
Address: 1400 Minnesota Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Phone: 415.874.7532 (Kaytea Petro, Marketing Manager)
Founded by Edward L. McRoskey and his brother Leonard in San Francisco in 1899, McRoskey Mattress Company continues to this day as designers, and retailers of premium mattresses and box springs. Construction techniques have been honed by employees and five generations of family members for close to 120 years.
- McRoskey Mattress Company deeply understands materials and construction techniques, building responsive sleep comfort with unrivaled durability.
- At the heart of both the mattress and box spring comfort is McRoskey's strong, supple steel coil constructions.
- McRoskey mattresses are two sided, generously upholstered, and tufted resulting in a precisely cushioned, endlessly comfortable sleep surface that is time tested since 1899.
- McRoskey box springs are fundamental to comfort because they provide head to toe pressure relieving, contoured support.
- McRoskey sells directly to the customer, maintaining records of every customer purchase (back to 1922!), allowing for direct and ongoing relationships with customers, over generations.
- They produce three lines: The Natural Tufted, The Classic Tufted and The Basic Tufted for a total of eightcomfort choices. Their mattresses may be used with or without their box spring and are an excellent choice for platform and adjustable beds.
- Their well designed products are built to the customer's order.
Where to find
- McRoskey showrooms are located in San Francisco and Palo Alto; store hours are 10 am to 6 pm Monday through Saturday; noon to 5 pm on Sunday.
- McRoskey mattresses are located in bedrooms throughout the world as well as at the following hotels and inns: Garden Court Hotel, Palo Alto; The Parsonage, a San Francisco bed and breakfast; Bancroft Hotel near UC Berkeley; The Inn Above Tide, Sausalito; Mountain Home Inn on the slopes of Mt. Tamalpais; and Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley.
Company CEO: Robin McRoskey Azevedo, 3rd generation owner.
Robin is the granddaughter of co-founder Edward L. McRoskey. A woman in a predominately male industry, she successfully transformed the manufacturing-driven company culture into a customer-focused, marketing driven organization building the McRoskey brand from San Francisco's best kept secret to a nationally recognized brand synonymous with quality sleep. She has also built a strong and capable management team.
Selected Press Mentions
Company Week: "McRoskey Mattress Company"
SF Made: "Changing Lives Thorough Jobs in Manufacturing"
SF Chronicle: "Dogpatch: An Industrial Hub During Manufacturing Boom"
Forbes: "The Best Small Companies in America"
North Bay Business Journal: "Robin McRoskey Azevedo"
Business Times: "McRoskey Modernizes with Attology"
Furniture Today: "McRoskey Opening Pop Up Store in San Rafael"
Hoodline: "Inside McRoskey Mattress Company, 116 Years and Counting"
Wall Street Journal: "The Tricky Task of Managing the New Multi-generational Workplace"
Forbes: "Forbes Small Giants 2016, Where Are They Now?"
CNN Money: "Goodlife Beds"
SF Business times: "Bay Area 25 Largest Women Owned Businesses"
Bed Times: "Born into Bedding"
Bed Times: "Mattress Manufacturing Power of Prevention"
Furniture Today: McRoskey Introduces New Brand Identity
SF Gate: SF 7x7 Fits a King Sized Niche
SF Gate: McRoskey Mattress Jumping is Serious Work
Spatially: McRoskey Mattress Company
KRON4’s Made in the Bay: McRoskey Mattress Company
SF Made: "McRoskey Mattress Company"
CBS Sunday Morning: McRoskey Mattress Company
Martha Stewart: McRoskey Airflex Mattress Factory